Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Toshiro Mifune Iconic Samurai Performances

Toshiro Mifune was an actor who was most famously known for his portrayals of samurai in the many movies of Akira Kurosawa.

When I was a young man, there was a Kurosawa film festival at the Detroit Institute of Arts, where each of his movies was shown in chronological order every Sunday evening for months. My brother and I watched them all.

Below is a light hearted video which celebrates Toshiro Mifune's many performances. Enjoy.




No comments: