Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Kendo videos

Kendo is as beautiful form of budo. Here are a few videos I found.

Look what a clean attack this is:



 More good stuff:

The first one feature a kendoka using two shinai, which is quite rare.



Rarer still is two sword vs two sword


This is also rarely seen; shinai vs naginata:




Here is a demonstration by one of the few 9th Dan Kendoka. The old guy still has it.



Here is a short clip of a katana vs naginata kata:



4 comments:

S.Smith said...

Ah very good. I'm often intrigue by kendo. It looks like fun while maintaining a kind of dignity.

Great clips.

I like the two swords bit: it reminds me of my imaginings of Musashi.

Rick Matz said...

I think the 9th dan gentleman is just outstanding.

Dan Hoffman said...

For sure... It's always amazing to see what the highest levels of skill look like in different martial arts. That's really inspiring!

Rick Matz said...

It's one thing to keep a clear mind and be "in harmony" when everything is going your way; it's quie another when someone is trying to beat you in the head with a stick!