Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Monday, March 17, 2008

Beginnings


I started a new job today. I had ten days off, I am very relaxed, but it was time to get back to work.

I am working for another Japanese company, a competitor of my old one. This company is much further along in adapting to the competitive norms of the North American Automotive market.

My youngest daughter plays travel volleyball. We attended a three day tournament in Indianapolis over the weekend. There is some interest in her playing in college from a number of D2 and D3 schools. With a little luck it will work out that she'll be able to study what she wants at a good school and continue to play volleyball, which is her passion.

My oldest daughter is going to graduate from college next month. I can't believe time has gone by so quickly. With hope, she'll find a job locally so she can live at home for a while and save some money. Besides, she's been away at school for a long time. I want her back. I want her to live at home for a while before she goes off and begins her life on her own.

In my taijiquan class, I've begun learning the 54 Round Form. As a "round" form, this looks more like what you'd expect a taiji form to look like. It's also a fast form. Where the 108 Standard form is usually done very slowly, the 54 Round Form is done at a very quick pace.

Spring is just around the corner.

Of green
dreams in winter,
thawed brooks purl anew.
Phantom sunflowers touch the sky
Waking.


No comments: