Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Dao De Jing: Chapter 6


The Dao De Jing is one of the world's great classics. If you click on the title of this post, you'll be directed to an online version of the text. The picture is from www.haikuvenue.com

The spirit of emptiness is immortal.
It is called the Great Mother
because it gives birth to Heaven and Earth.
It is like a vapor,
barely seen but always present.
Use it effortlessly.

1 comment:

peg said...

Funny, but I never noticed you used this picture! I took it in western Hanover County, Virginia and it's one of my favorites!

You used it well, thanks!