Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Friday, April 08, 2011

A Different Kind of Luxury

Have you ever wanted to drop out of the rat race? A Different Kind of Luxury is a blog about a book of the same title which may give you some insights. An excerpt from the blog is below. Enjoy.


ABOUT THE BOOK: Raised in the tumult of Japan’s industrial powerhouse, the 11 men and women profiled in A Different Kind of Luxury have all made the transition to sustainable, fulfilling lives.

Based on Andy Couturier's popular articles in The Japan Times, this lushly-designed volume has a wealth of stories about real people who have created an abundance of time for contemplation, connecting with the natural world and contributing to their communities. In their success is a lesson for us all: live a life that matters. Read an excerpt of the book here or here. Read a review of the book here, here, or here.

2 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for the link! I remember reading one of Andy's interviews in an issue of Kyoto Journal that I happened to find at a cafe in Chiang Mai. At the time I wanted to buy the old magazine from the cafe owner, but he wouldn't let me. I've just ordered the book.

Rick Matz said...

Welcome and I'm glad to have helped!