Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Thursday, July 31, 2008

Shabu Shabu


Tonight's adventure was shabu shabu. I like it about 10,000 times better than sushi.

We had the usual endless meetings all day. In the canteen, I ran into the CEO of my company and was introduced to him. More endless meetings.

At the end of the day, one of the people I work with led a small group of us to a restaurant which serves shabu shabu. I liked it a lot. That and the beer. The green tea ice cream for dessert really hit the spot.

Nothing much more to report. Tomorrow night a few of us are supposed to go out to the bars. Saturday I leave for home.

By the way, I had a chance at dinner to tell the group I had flow in from Detroit on Monday, and boy, were my arms tired. They got a kick out of that.

No comments: