Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Monday, July 28, 2008

Hello from Osaka!


It's interesting that when I went to www.blogger.com to log in, I found myself on the Japanese language page.

Well, I'm here. I left Detroit about 4pm on Sunday, and arrived in Osaka at 5:30 pm Monday night. It was a very long flight. They ran four movies! I got a lot of reading done, as well as a lot of Japanese language review. I also ran through many crosswords. I didn't sleep at all though.

Just before we landed, there was a thunderstorm which helps with the humidity. It was still very humid, but without the storm, it would have been much worse.

After getting off the plane, through baggage check and customs, I then had an hour long train ride ahead of me to get to the station nearest the hotel; then a couple of block walk.

The hotel is nice enough. The rooms are very small by American standards, but very clean and well maintained.

Well, I've seen the airport, a bus station and my hotel. Early tomorrow, I have to head into the office for a full day of meetings then go directly back to the airport to fly to Tokyo for more meetings.

Interesting that the little bit of Japanese I know helps smooth things a bit.

I'll post again from Tokyo.

No comments: