Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Monday, February 06, 2006

Who needs fiction: Snake trapped in electric fence


I first came upon this when a friend sent me an email. It was a story about an Austrailian sheep farmer who had been losing sheep, and decided to put up an electric fence. The pictures were really impressive, but I thought they could have been faked, so I looked it up on the internet.

I ended up at an urban legends website. It was a real snake, but the story wasn't quite right. It wasn't a sheep farmer in Austrailia, it was at the Silent Valley Game Ranch in South Africa.

If you click on the title of this post, you'll be directed to the urban legends website, concerning the snake. Besides the picture shown here, there is a link to more pictures taken at the ranch.

Personally, I think the SWAT unit for every major police department should have a few of these. Just consider a hostage situation. Slip a couple of these into a building, and it would be cleared out in minutes.

1 comment:

shyloh's poetry said...

Ha! I think you are onto something. Good idea.

Plus the poem you left on my blog. I have no words. Just so beautiful and thank you.