Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Thursday, February 16, 2006

The Sore Feet Song


The Sore Feet Song, by Alley Kerr, is the opening song for the Anime, "Mushishi".

The Sore Feet Song

I walked ten thousand miles, ten thousands miles to reach you
And every gasp of breath, I grabbed it just to find you
I climbed up every hill to get to you
I wandered ancient lands to hold just you

And every single step of the way, I paid
Every single night and day I searched for you
Through sand storms and hazy dawns I reached for you

I stole ten thousands pounds, ten thousand pounds to see you
I robbed convenience stores coz I thought they'd make it easier
I lived off rats and toads and I starved for you
I fought off giant bears and I killed them too

And every single step of the way, I paid
Every single night and day I searched for you
Through sand storms and hazy dawns I reached for you
I'm tired and I'm weak but I'm strong for you
I want to go home but my love gets me through

No comments: