Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Friday, March 30, 2012

Whole Body Power

I found the video clip below at The Rum Soaked Fist. The video demonstrates just how powerful whole body power can be.

6 comments:

Drew said...

He seems very powerful...and stiff? Just watching the video I feel that my ukemi won't have a very flexible flow.

Regardless, thanks for the video - I might steal this.

Rick Matz said...

I don't think he's stiff at all. I think he's trying to make a point in his demonstration of just how much strength he can generate with whole body power.

Paul said...

Hm...that truly doesn't look like a more "conventional" demo. It certainly demonstrated the "full body power" aspect of the art. In real combat situations, power is needed to be had (i.e trained beforehand) and to be executed effectively (like in the video), to deliver the desired RESULT.

Rick Matz said...

I don't think it's really a demonstration as such. It looks to be a seminar or something.

Tom said...

Thanks for posting this Rick, it is very instructive. I have been spending a lot of time practicing the Taichi Da Lu routine and teasing out all the opportunities for issuing Jing. This video is a logical extension of some of the Jings we have been working on. Since we are working outside on concrete we don't want to take the move to a throw but I can see how we could.

Rick Matz said...

I agree, there is a lot to be learned from this video.