Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Monday, March 12, 2012

Single Palm Change

A friend sent me this. The core practice of Baguazhang is circle walking. The foundation of all the techniques is the Single Palm Change.



Jet Li doing some Baguazhang in his movie, "The One":



Here is a video of some Bagua changes with motion sensors attached:

3 comments:

Zacky Chan said...

cool, I like that last one with the sensors

Rick Matz said...

Me too. I'd like to see more of that sort of thing.

I had an article several years ago on motion research and martial arts:

http://cookdingskitchen.blogspot.com/2008/06/motion-research-on-martial-arts.html

Zacky Chan said...

Yes I remember it very well! I actually still think about that video in the post demonstrating the power generated by turning the hips. Very cool!