Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dracula

Every year around this time, I find myself rereading one of my favorite books, by Dracula by Bram Stoker.

The version I like to read  the best is an annotated edition, with notes by Leonard Wolf.

I've recently learned of a great resource for book lovers, BookDrum.com, which has an entry for Dracula. If you follow the link, you'll find all sorts of background material, maps, links, etc.

My favorite movie versions include of course, Dracula, the 1931 version starring Bela Lugosi; Bram Stoker's Dracula with Gary Oldman in the starring role and Dracula: Dead and Loving It, starring Mel Brooks and Leslie Nielson.

Check out the links! Enjoy!

No comments: