Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Friday, January 25, 2008

Taiji Question




A blog that I have been visiting a lot lately, is Taiji Question.

The author has made many thought provoking posts, and I wanted to pass this along. If you click on the title of this post, you'll be directed there, or you can find a link over at the right.

Something that grabbed my eye the other day was a quote: Carry your body in your mind, not your mind in your body.

A good bit of wisdom there. I'll throw out a quote that I encountered not too long ago:

"Be soft in your practice. Think of the method as a fine silvery stream, not a raging waterfall. Follow the stream in its course. It will go its own way, meandering here, trickling there. It will find the grooves, the cracks, the crevices. Just follow it. Never let it out of your sight. It will take you."

Sheng-yen

No comments: