Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Tuesday, February 20, 2007

2007 Lenten Challenge


Every year, I throw out the Lenten Challenge to my martial arts buddies. It has nothing to do with Christianity or religion. We are simply using this time as a convenient reminder to rededicate ourselves to training.


The challenge is this: from Ash Wednesday (tomorrow) until Easter (April 8), train every day, without fail, no excuses. It's not as easy as it sounds. Some days, you might only be able to get a few minutes of training in; but the point is to do it everyday, no matter what.


It doesn't have to be martial arts training either. Whatever it is that you need to really rededicate yourself to: studying, practicing an instrument, walking, watching what you eat; anything - do it every day, without fail.


Won't you join me?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Count the wujimon in on the fun!

Anonymous said...

It's a great idea. I'm in.

Anonymous said...

hey, great challenge! i've listed some of my most frequent excuses in the hope that i won't use them again. :)

Anonymous said...

I have to train everyday already. Is it just me? Maybe I'm getting old, but if I don't train everyday to some extent, my body hurts and doesn't seem to function properly. Maybe getting old has it's uses? :)