Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Sunday, August 21, 2005

What a nice weekend


I had a very full and pleasant weekend.

This weekend was the occasion of my 30th highschool reunion. It started out on Friday, with a golf outing. There were some people I had not seen in those thirty years, and others I see fairly regularly. Either way, picking up were we left off was as natural as could be. We had a very nice afternoon together.

It had been very hot and dry lately, but on Saturday morning, we had a nice long, slow rain. It was so nice to sleep to.

The skies cleared up and we had a very nice evening for the reunion itself. We had over 100 people show up. Some from clear across the country. A very good time was had by all.

I was one of the early ones to go, when I got home after 3 in the morning. I needed to at least get some sleep, because I was moving my oldest daughter back to college Sunday morning.

She's entering her sophomore year. She's moved into a sorority house.

She's in a suite with 2 other girls. The other two dads and I must have looked like the Three Stooges doing plumbing at times, but we got some things assembled. Word got out that her dad knew "about computers" and I was drafted by several other rooms to help them get their computers set up on the network.

It was a lot easier to leave her this time. I know she'll do well. The school year away from home was a good growing experience for her. She's much more mature.

During the summer she had worked two jobs, and took 2 classes at the community college. I'm so proud of her.

It was easier for her this year when we left as well. She hardly notice we were leaving because the girls were already planning what they were going to do that night.

I'm writing this on my patio, listening to the crickets, with the occasional bluesy sound of a train in the distance.

I had a very nice weekend.

No comments: