Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Thursday, March 16, 2017

The Four Points of Ki Aikido

Koichi Tohei was somewhat of a controversial figure in the development of aikido. Watching old videos of him, I just can't help but be in awe of how relaxed he was.

Below is a video produced by the Aikido Journal which illustrates the four key points of Tohei's Ki Aikido.



2 comments:

Zacky Chan said...

Wow, this makes me miss aikido training so much.

Rick Matz said...

I miss aikido training too sometimes. It's a beautiful form of Budo.

A man can only do so much.