Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Saturday, March 26, 2016

The 2016 Lenten Challenge is Over!

The 2016 Lenten Challenge ends today. For everyone who participated, good job! For everyone who did not, maybe you'll join us next year.

I had a lot going on during Lent. I practiced every day. One of my daughters bought a condo and besides helping her move, I had plenty of little projects to do for her. Being laid off, I had plenty of little projects to do around my own house as well.

In addition to keeping up with the Lenten Challenge, I also gave up Facebook for Lent. I really enjoy FB as a form of entertainment and if you know me, you know I had been there a lot.

When I was laid off, I had to send the company laptop back and had been making my job search with the family desktop. I didn't have a laptop and so my evening pass time of browsing around was put to a stop as well.

Being off of FB specifically and mostly offline generally was an interesting experience. It was like a quiet after having been in a noisy environment for a long time. It helped to clear my head. A technology "fast" is now something that I will do again (although maybe or maybe not for Lent) and would recommend to others.

With the extra time, I got a lot of reading done and working out done. I would have done more if it hadn't been for the little projects.

I can say "All's well that ends well." On Monday, I start a new job with a trade association which represents the manufacturers of after market automotive test and diagnostic equipment. I'll be participating in many of the relevant standards committees and trade shows and report developments back to the members. I'll still be traveling quite a bit, but it will be much more orderly. Overall, I think that it will make for a higher quality and less stressful worklife.


1 comment:

walt said...

Overall, more quality and less stress is a good thing.

Thanks for the Challenge! I did my biznez every day, as well. It's good to have a "reminding factor" to work against . . . er, without stressing, right?

Happy Easter!