Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Saturday, January 21, 2012

The Writer's Block Suite

Since I had been invited to have Cook Ding's Kitchen on a Poetry Blog ranking, I thought it would be appropriate to interject my own stuff from time to time, in between my regular posts.


So here it goes (drum roll please), I give you ... The Writer's Block Suite:


Writer’s Block I

Wordless.
Struggling to find
Just one cohesive though.
At a blank piece of paper
I stare.


Writer’s Block II

I have nothing I can say
And I don’t know what to do.
No emotion is welling up.
I feel no words are coming through.

My pen has gone bone dry
There is nothing on my mind.
Nothing weighs upon my thoughts
Must have left my feelings behind.

There is nothing that excites me
I was missed by the lightning.
A dull, lackluster day
I have nothing I can say.

Writer’s Block III

Pen over paper
Poised to express ideas
That never come

Now back to your regularly scheduled postings ...

4 comments:

walt said...

"Wordless."

and

"Poised to express ideas
That never come..."


Be glad! Monks suffer for years -- lifetimes, even -- just to find that state.

Rick Matz said...

Ha! I just didn't have anything to say.

Bernard Kwan said...

love your poems, more please !

Rick Matz said...

I will be sure to post more of them.