Here at the frontier, the leaves fall like rain. Although my neighbors are all barbarians, and you, you are a thousand miles away, there are still two cups at my table.


Ten thousand flowers in spring, the moon in autumn, a cool breeze in summer, snow in winter. If your mind isn't clouded by unnecessary things, this is the best season of your life.

~ Wu-men ~


Friday, January 26, 2007

Cardinal at my Window



I live in Michigan. It's snowing.





My office is on the second floor of our building, an the treetops come up to the level of my windows.





Sitting outside is a cardinal, just sitting; watching. For myself, I could sit and watch him all day.



まどの外はこうかんちょうにまっています。
雪ふってありまうs。
じむじょのうちは見ています。。。

mado no soto wa koukanchou ni matte imasu.
yuki futte arimasu.
jimujo no uchi wa mite imasu...

A cardinal waits outside the window.
Snow is falling.
Inside my office, I watch...

2 comments:

Taiki Shisei Kenpo said...

still going strong, your blog is consistently high quality

Rick Matz said...

Thanks. I visit yours quite often myself.